The following was done within the 3-month project implementation period while running to budget:
- In-depth review of warehouse processes, current operations and principles of the commodity exchange with partners. Satisfaction of the system’s functional requirements and the customer’s preferences. Formulation of proposals to optimize processes, development of a model to represent the essence of the projected solutions.
Delivery of equipment and software products from TLS, a partner of IBM, Intermec, Motorola, Citizen, and Cisco, and an ORACLE silver partner: (delivery and setup of IBM servers, server software, an ORACLE database; delivery, installation and configuration of the Wi-Fi network devices; delivery and configuration of the Intermec data collection terminals)
- Implementation of an Infor SCM WM warehouse management system. Collection and uploading of initial reference and inventory data into the system. Monitoring of balances in all of the company’s warehouses. Staff performance can be monitored and improved by keeping records of all the operations in terms of time and employee. Management of many varieties and groups of products. Development of optimal commodity location and reservation strategies. Development of special-purpose research reports and printed forms.
- Tender for the procurement of warehousing equipment, handling facilities and the installation of shelve stands. Search for suppliers, review of the pricing policy, technical maintenance and support, delivery and commissioning deadlines for the machinery and equipment. Selection of the most appropriate suppliers.
- Warehouse outsourcing, repackaging, recount of products. Performance of a wide range of warehousing operations.
- Storage optimization through the arrangement of multi-level shelve stands, development of a special post-receipt shelving strategy. Revised selection principles for the commodities that are key to the warehouse efficiency.
- Personnel recruitment and training. Development of guidelines and instructions for the successful training of employees with regard to specific features of the products and the warehousing operations. Application of an effective personnel motivation system.
- Repackaging process now inside the warehouse, eliminating the additional cost of moving goods from the storage warehouse to the repackaging areas and backwards, with a more detailed supervision of the process.