Providing of a complex of warehouse services on a low-temperature warehouse
Statement of the task:
- Creation of an effective and flexible system of warehouse service.
- Monitoring of effectiveness of current business-processes and working out a concept of their automation.
- Increasing the quality of interaction between warehouse, production and transportation services.
- Detailed working out of strategies and schemes of goods and cargo processing, optimization of storage system, picking and shipping of goods.
- The calculation of optimal number of personnel, equipment, warehouse machinery, storage area.
- Working out and implementation of a model of processing cargo using the system of cross-docking.
- Creation a system of standartization of personnel activity and working out an effective model of control and motivation.
- Development of the system of reports.
Decision of TLS
- Current logistic business-processes including processes of interaction with the production warehouse and transport services have been studied.
- Analysis of effectiveness of using of warehouse area, technical and human resources of the warehouse has been carried out.
- Using obtained data further works for processes optimization have been done (TO BE):
- Created a list of measures for optimization of business-processes and increasing of the quality of warehouse work taking into consideration demands of effective interaction with corresponding services.
- Stratwgies of goods accept, putaway and preparation of orders have been worked out including working with cargo using the system of cross-docking./li>
- Calculation and arrangement of the personnel and material handling equipment in accordance with the established guidelines has been carried out.
- The system of standartization and motivation of personnel has been worked out.
- Transferring tasks to the new warehouse service provider in the face of TLS was carried out in the shortest possible time and without stopping of the warehouse.
- Efficiency of working with goods and cargoes has been increased: optimal placement rules and strategies have been worked out; time for searching and picking of goods has been reduced.
- Usable storage area has been increased through the optimal placement of goods.
- Quality of account of goods with expiration dates and batches has been increased.
- Quantity and placement of warehouse personnel and equipment has been optimized.
- Tools for further improvement of the efficiency and development of business processes have been created.
- The requirements for the future warehouse management system (WMS) have been worked out.